Friend Friday Blogger Privacy
1. Do you think privacy is something we should worry about as bloggers?
No, I think that we should know what information we feel comfortable with sharing to the masses and what things we do not feel comfortable sharing with everyone. If I know up front what's off limits then it will not be on my blog.
2. Do you use your real name or a pen name? What was behind that decision?I use a screen name at this point and I feel comfortable with that right now. The first two letters are the initials of my husband and my first names and wisdom is something that I pray to believe and have more of each and everyday.
3. How much personal information do you reveal about your life beyond the blog? I keep my blog positive. I don't reveal real personal information or names of friends and relatives unless I am including some cool old photos and I only reveal a first name and that may or may not be the real name because everyone doesn't want their names out there and I have to respect that so I don't do it. I have become comfortable with blog and keeping it positive. I have to have some personality to my blog or else it will have know depth to it. I like to discuss putting God first, fashion, beauty, style, hair care, favorite recipes, music as well as other likes so that's what I focus on.
4. What will you never reveal?
I don't share my marriage information but I will post if it's my husband's birthday or our anniversary, my work details or family information because I don't feel comfortable with sharing that information because you don't know who is reading your posts. I will never Geotrack with twitter of anything like that at all. I will not reveal my address, or my telephone number. I have a couple of people at work that know about my blog but they do not have an interest and a lot of my relatives don't even own a computer.
5. As bloggers, we have to an extent made ourselves 'public' figures. But still there are things that are intimate to each of us that does not need to be known by anyone that stumbles across our blog. How do you determine what is appropriate for public consumption and what is private to you?My personal life is private and not for my blog. I want to make sure that what I put on my post I feel comfortable with anyone reading it. I must admit I do share some tidbits that are positive and uplifting but for the most part I keep my private life very private.