This weeks Friend Friday post is on "Jealousy" which is a very interesting topic this week. If you want to be a part of Friend Friday please check out www.modlychic.com.
Enjoy your weekend!
1. How do you define jealousy? Wanting what someone else has because you think that they are better than you or have more than you do.
2. When do you find you experience a bit of blogger jealousy? It takes a while before you get a following of people reading your blog on a regular basis so it's inspiring when I see fellow bloggers with thousands of fans. I am not new but I haven't been blogging long and often I wonder am I missing something or should I be doing something better to reach more people.
3. What types of blogs or which bloggers are you a little jealous of.
Bloggers who are able to post everyday and sometimes 3 and four times a day. I work a full time job and I really have to schedule my time to blog. I really love blogging but I have to make an effort to schedule my time. If I could blog to make a good income from it that would be wonderful, I know every blogger would like that bonus. With my blog I want to make sure I am real and honest to the readers so I am blogging because I enjoy doing it.
4. From the time we're little we are taught that jealousy is a bad thing, but it can also inspire us to be better. Have you changed the way you do things, the content of your blog, etc... as a result of what someone else is doing? I haven't changed who I am because I have seen a blog or blogs. I really like to read different blogs because I see new ideas or different ways of doing things. I have to remain who I am and feel good about that. As I said I have gotten good ideas on how to make my blog better but it wasn't merely because of jealousy.
5. What is the best way to overcome jealousy in the blogosphere and in life? I know this is easier said than done and this may sound like violins are playing in the background.
Be happy for people and realize that if someone can do something awesome and inspiring don't get down on yourself because you can do something inspiring also. We can't be haters we need to strive to be joyful when we see people around us achieve their goals and dreams. I have to check myself if I start to feel jealousy because there is no need to envy because God is know respecter of persons. We all are winners.