Lets walk the catwalk because it's time for Friend Friday created by Katy Rose of www.modlychic.blogspot.com and it's Mercedes Benz Fashion Week.
Fashion week is fun and I take from it what I know what works best on me and it's cool to see the different interpretations of apparel from different designers.
1. Do you pay attention to the shows during fashion week? Which designers collections are you looking forward to seeing?
Yes, I do pay attention to Fashion Weeks all over the world because I love the variety and I'm taking courses at university in Fashion so I often have to do research on various lines. I like to see what trends are in and what are the latest designer creations. It's exciting!
I love seeing what the trends are overseas as well as in the states.
Rio Fashion Week Spring/Summer 2011 on July 28, 2010
2. Where are you getting your Fashion Week news from?
QVC is a great source because they are attending Fashion Week in a big way with including a pop up store that will be located in Rockefeller Center. Youtube is another source to see my favorite collections.
The clothing line from Farah Angsana is simply beautiful.
I am getting carried away with the beautiful collections I am seeing so I had to post Christian Siriano's collection clip.
3. Over the years the runway has become more than just models displaying the creations of a designer. They are now spectacles. Do you think that adds or detracts from the fashion?
I think that it depends on the theme of the designer's collection. If the addition of extra entertainment detracts the show can lose interest to me. I want to see the clothes, it doesn't matter about the hoopla. Designers want to draw attention and maybe that's a way they can add more interest. What do you think?
Lady Gaga does the same attention drawing with her wardrobe and theatrical plays during her performances. Are designers secret performers? Maybe so but I still want to see the clothes.
4. Twice a year, as models begin to strut the catwalk we see articles about model size and body image. Do you think the super thin models are offering an unattainable goal to the public or are we immune to their looks?
Most models I have seen at fashion week are fairly thin.The majority of women are not that thin nor do they have to think that they should try to be that thin. Every model is not starving themselves. Some are just plain thin and that's great and I am not immuned to only seeing thin models. I want to see models of all shapes walking and strutting their stuff down the runway. However, I do see in the media an acceptance of "if you are thin, you are beautiful." But I am also seeing more full size models making their appearance and that's wonderful. If mothers continually instill in their daughters that they are beautiful and that all sizes are beautiful, no one is excluded. So when young girls see those magazines with thin models, they do not feel worthless or not pretty.
5. If you could sit front row at any show what would you want to see? And which celebrity would you want to be sitting next to?
So many choices ... Diane Von Furstenberg, Versace, Yves St. Laurent.
The celebrity (I do not like that word) I would like to sit next to is Simon Lebon of Duran Duran, my favorite rock band lead singer.
Valentino is my collection of choice. Valentino's line is so romantic and whimsically, I love the fluidity of the ruffles in the dresses and blouses.