|Me in my Jeans and tunic|
1. When it comes to outfit posts on your own blog, be honest are they what you actually wore that day?
100 percent yes. Either I just come home from work and take pics or I have just came from church or some where and take pics after that. I have to wear my clothes that I wore that day. Or I like taking pics at home of me in my outfits.
2. For a fashion blogger, working in a corporate environment can be tricky. How do you mesh your day job with your personal style choices?
My individuality does not change but I also do not work in a corporate environment, I work for a non-profit organization and I cannot wear jeans, flip flops or cutouts to name a few. So since I can't wear jeans I completely do a 360 and wear dresses, skirts, blouses and trouser pants etc. I love color and accessories so I brighten up my wardrobe by adding those pieces to my outfits.
3. When you get dressed in the morning, do you think what should I wear to work or what should I wear for the blog?
I get my outfits ready the Sunday before the work week and accessorize my jewelry and shoes so I am ready for each day. I have an active life away from my blog so my blog is not the first thing in the morning I think about.
4. Do professionals you interact with ever make comments about your clothing choices?
All the time. Even though I accessorize with jewelry, belts, headbands and purses I am always considered looking professional and put together. It looks like I have more clothing than I actually have because I work my outfits in so many different ways. I learned that technique from my mother, invaluable information. I have even been asked by a some colleagues if I could be their personal stylist.
5. Some bloggers openly admit to wearing outfits only for the blog post. What's your opinion on that?
In my opinion I will not judge anyone because it's their blog and they can do what they want with it. I can only speak for myself and I wear the outfits that day when I or my husband takes pics of me in them. My hubby enjoys taking the pics and it's a lot of fun. I am very critical of the pics and he helps keep me grounded.