Friday

Friend Friday: Fall Fashion

Me in one of my fav skirts
I love all seasons but I am not a fan of the heat and humidity.  Fall is a great time of the year with the start of the feel of the cool breeze on my face and the leaves falling on the grass it's just so lovely.  Well today is Friday and it's time for Friend Friday and my fellow fashion bloggers and myself are discussing Fall Fashion so I am on this topic hook line and sinker. If you would like to join fashion bloggers with posting the weekly discussion or stopping by to read  blogger posts to this topic please stop by the creator of Friend Fridays blog, Katy Rose at www.modlychic.blogspot.com.

Fall: defined on wikipedia as Autumn (also known as fall in American English) is one of the four temperate seasons. Autumn marks the transition from summer into winter, usually in March (Southern Hemisphere) or September (Northern Hemisphere) when the arrival of night becomes noticeably earlier.
Great time of the year to start transitioning into deeper richer tones and heavier weight fabric attire.

I am not into "trends" for trend sake because they can be in today and out tomorrow.  Instead I focus on what I like and what looks best on my body shape.  For example I love turquoise jewelry and I have been wearing it since my first visit to Santa Fe, New Mexico.  Well one day I was looking at different perfumes in a Macy's store in my neck of the woods and a lady said your necklace is beautiful it so in now.  That necklace was an item that I purchased at least two years before so we have to be careful of falling into the "trend" category.  Don't get me wrong because it's nothing wrong with buying a piece or two that's trendy but I always make sure that I don't spend a lot of money on it because it's not something that will last in my wardrobe for years to come.

1. What new fashion trend are you looking forward to sporting this fall?
Astrid Stawairz getty images:Courtesy of Piperlime.cominstyle.com
Heidi Klum instyle.com


 I would love to rock some knee high boots.  It maybe be a trend but I could see this trend lasting for a while because the look is so chic with a skirt or with a legging. This outfit in both pics could work in the office and out for the evening so it's so versatile. Also notice the rich burgundy tones of the blouse and skirt that are so on trend for fall.  Purses and accessories  are a passion of mine. The handbag in the picture above is so rocker chic, awesome!


2. Which item in your closet is most likely to be your go-to transition piece?

My dresses, skirts and  purses (check out my purse blog at the end of this post) will be go-to transition pieces.  I can make my dresses and skirts fit right into fall by adding some cute color hosiery or by adding a cardigan or a cute jacket. Also, I have quite a few purses that can be worn all four seasons that can pop an outfit. Below are some pics of me in my favorite dresses and skirts.






3. What item from last year are you looking forward to reinventing this fall? 
My velvet military jacket: I have worn it with jeans and a white lace blouse so I am seeking other ways to make this jacket fresh.  Maybe a tunic or a ribbed turtleneck.

4. What is your favorite part about this time of the year?
Being outside more with my family without being bit by mosquitoes and seeing the beauty in the foliage when the leaves change colors. I love to decorate my home and smell the scents of cinnamon and pine. My husband and I love to bake cranberry bread and blueberry bread. Also, love trying out different soups and baking vegetable lasagna.
Fashionably speaking I can rock more outfits because of the different textures, rich hues and patterns. I love wearing hats and they look so great with a cute coat.  Bonus is that I'm not thinking about the humidity because of the cool temperatures and I love to listen to Christmas music.


5. Will you be attending any fashion events this fall? 
I would love to attend a Fashion event but so far not seeing any in sight.  Fashion week for QVC will be in September so I will be watching. I know  your thinking "QVC what?" but they are really incorporating a lot of fashion designers from various genres. I really like Bradley Bayou designs.

 I created a purse video with some style tips, take a look!



4 comments:

  1. Love that purse in your first question. Adorable. - Katy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the studded handbag and also what you've done with your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Nothing Ordinary Style, I really appreciate your comments. That handbag is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete